Address : Survey No. 51, Panchgani Mahabaleswar Road, Between Venna Lake & Mapro Garden, Mahabaleshwar

Attraction

Venna Lake

The Venna Lake is situated around 2 km from the ST bus stand and is among the most popular tourist places in Mahabaleshwar. The lake is 2.5 km long and is encircled by trees on all sides. Tourists can enjoy activities like fishing and boating at the lake, they can even do a little horse riding. There are a few small eateries and strawberry stalls lined up at the banks of the lake.

Pratapgarh Fort

Built by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaja in 1656, the Pratapgarh Fort is located about 24 km west of Mahabaleshwar. The fort encompasses two ancient forts; the Upper Fort - built on the top of the hill and the Lower Fort. Within the fort walls, tourists can see the Bhavani Temple, the tomb of Afzal Khan and Mahadev temple. The fort also has a maze chambers and long dark walkways, some of them lead to trap doors with a 100 meter fall.

Waterfalls

There are three waterfalls in Mahabaleshwar; the first one is the Lingmala Falls which is located about 6 km from Mahabaleshwar. Formed by the River Venna, the waterfall plunges down from a height of 500 ft and can be seen in its glory during the rainy season. The second one is the Dhobi Falls which is located around 3 km from Mahabaleshwar, on the trail which connects Petit road with Old Mahabaleshwar road. The water plunges down into a deep valley and finally merges with Koyna River. The waterfall is a popular picnic spot. The last one is the Chinamons Falls.

Kate's Point, Mahabaleshwar

Kate's Point is a huge rock, which stands around 50 m high. This point is named after the daughter of Sir John Malcom, who was the founder of Mahabaleshwar. The point offers a beautiful view of Krishna Valley and deep waters of Dhom Dam. Located along the Duchess Road, Kate's Point is 1,290 m above the sea level. Going downwards from the Kate's Point Jor Valley, intersection points of Vedganga and Krishna River as well as Balkawadi and Dhom Valleys are crossed. Furthermore, tourists can also get a view of peaks like Kamalgadh, Pandavgadh and Mandardeo.

Krishna Temple

The Krishna temple is another place of religious importance in Mahabaleshwar. The place where the temple is located is locally known as "Panchganga" which means "Five Rivers" i.e. Krishna, Koyna, Yenna, Gayatri and Savitri. The temple was built by Raja Singhandeo and later in 1635, the Great Maratha Shivaji, renovated and improved the temple.

Elphinstone Point

point the cliffs are higher and rise from the Konkan, which is around 2500 ft below the level of the Koyna valley. Built during the British rule, this point is named after the Governor of Bombay, Sir Elphinstone. Tourists can enjoy the view of Koyna valley, plains and the ravine, which lies between the Elphinstone point and Arthur point. The view of River Savitri, which originates from this point is also beautiful. Discovered by Dr. Murray in 1830.

Connaught Peak

Connaught Peak Mahabaleshwar is perched at an elevation of 1400 m above the sea level, which makes this the second highest peak in the hill station. Formerly known as Mount Olympia, this peak was renamed as Connaught Peak after Duke of Connaught. Situated 7 km from the chief market, this peak offers beautiful view of Lake Venna and Krishna Valley. This peak is also a vantage point for observing the Kamalgadh, Rajgarh and Torana in the north and Ajinkyatara in the south. Tourists can see Panchgani and Pasarani Ghat in the east, while Pratapgad can be seen in the west.

Lord Mahabaleshwar Temple

Mahabaleshwar Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of the important pilgrimage sites for the Hindus. The temple is situated in the Old Kshetra Mahabaleshwar, which is about 6 km north of the main city. Built in the 16th century by the Chanda Rao More dynasty, this temple is a quintessential of the Hemadant architectural style of South India. Enclosed by a 5 ft high stone wall, this temple is divided into two areas, the sanctum sanctorum and the central hall. Swayambhu, which is the 500 years old self-originated lingam, is enshrined within the sanctum sanctorum.